Coming in September for WEG to compete, cheer on your team or volunteer, Be sure to check out my recommendations.
After four years of exhibiting and showcasing my jewelry at the Tryon Int. Equestrian Center and buying a log cabin, I have my to go to places and must do's. So many times I hear "but whats there to do outside the Tryon International Equestrian Center" and truly there is a lot to do.
Here's my list not in any particular order.
- Downtown Greenville - Walk down to the falls and enjoy the scenery with majestic swans swimming in the lake. Main street is pretty much the place to walk around enjoy cafes, bars, restaurants, shopping etc. tips; parking can be an issue but there is plenty of parking garages you just have to look for them off the side streets.
- Biltmore Estate- Definitely check out the winery one of my favorites
- Go tubing or kayaking on the Green river- if weather permitting, tips; take some bug spray.
- The Gorge Ziplining-Not scary at all. Unless your scared of heights then that could be an issue as your descending about 1100 feet above. Supposedly its the steepest and fastest ziplining tour in North America. Tips; bring layers it could be cold when you get there but all the hiking up and down the forest could make you build up a sweat, bring bug spray :)
- Overmountian Vineyards- Family owned and operated its a unique experience to sip wine after a long day and watch the sunset dip behind the vineyards. Dog friendly. tips;Bring food to enjoy with family and friends, they have grills available and plenty of space to have a get together with friends. Most seating is outside.
- Architectural Warehouse - If your into antiquing and/or remodeling your house check them out, they have the coolest old doors and furniture.
Top Restaurants to try
- Purple Onion Saluda,NC -Great food and live music, tips;make sure to call ahead and reserve seating,
- CaroMi Dining room-Best Fried chicken in town, they have been there forever and same menu about 10 items on the list. Very authentic cabin over looking the river. Named after two owners that lived in Miami and Carolinas. tips; make sure to call ahead they are only open weds-sat 5-8pm
- Soulisas Fine Thai Dinning-Good spot for Lunch-try the Pad Thai
- Saskatoon Steaks-Fish-WildGame Greenville,SC-Best steaks ever! What a unique concept, family owned and operated they do the whole farm to table theme there and have their own organic garden in the back. The atmosphere is spectacular, feels like your in a old Hunting Lodge. Worth the drive I promise. Tips; make dinner reservations
- Laura's House Chimney Rock, NC-Great for lunch, try there famous cakes and my personal favorite the brown sugar black pepper bacon. Owned by a lovely couple who happen to also reside on the top floor, what a concept. 390 Main St. , Chimney Rock NC 28720
- Lavender Bistro Downtown Tryon- Menu changes with the seasons but its a fine dinning experience, table clothes, silverware and fine wine. French and New American food.